Offer posted on April, 14th 2022
VAIOMER is a French biotech company expert in tissue and blood microbiota.
VAIOMER has a unique expertise in the study of microbiota, not only intestinal but also beyond: the weakening of the intestinal barrier allows the translocation of bacteria in blood and tissues (adipose, liver, etc). The study of these microbiota opens the way to a better understanding of the pathophysiological mechanisms consecutive to the alteration of the intestinal immunity.
Blood & tissue microbiome signatures could help to establish early prognosis and therapies of numerous diseases such as cardiometabolic diseases (obesity, diabetes, NASH, NAFLD, liver fibrosis, cirrhosis, cardiac failure, etc.), neurodegenerative disorders (Alzheimer, Parkinson, etc.), infectious diseases (AIDS, septicemia, etc.) and cancer, to name a few.
In addition to the research service offer for the global scientific community, Vaiomer performs as well R&D on its own or in collaboration (Academic, clinical or industrial partners).
To support the development of our Service activity, we are looking for a Microbiome Scientist.
Duties (2 roughly equivalent parts):
Customer study follow-up and reports
- Ensures the link between the customer’s request/needs and the lab’s work (Ensures the translation between the customer’s scientific questioning and the metagenomics study plan in the lab)
- Responsible for writing client study reports (qPCR, metagenomics), with emphasis on quality and respect of timelines
- Responsible for presenting study results to customers (mainly Conference Calls)
- Participate to and advise for the redaction of peer reviewed scientific papers
Scientific Marketing and sales development activities
- Give presentations to customers (conference calls, meetings), answer to customers’ technical/scientific questions, advise on study design
- Contribute to lead generation and prospection for new customers
- Redact scientific content for communication purposes (white papers, blogs, social media, website)
- Participate to scientific conferences, build and share knowledge, give company / scientific presentations
Required qualifications and abilities
- PhD + first research experience / Post Doc – in microbiome field
- Experience / Expertise in qPCR and metagenomics sequencing analysis and interpretation (ITS, 16S rDNA)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in English and ideally in French (or eager to learn French). Ability to present clear and compelling scientific studies/presentations/… Other languages are welcome.
- Team player / Strong collaboration skills: able to contribute as a member of a dynamic multidisciplinary team of biologists, bioinformaticians, sales and marketing, and customers (basic research, clinicians, public and private)
- Able to understand and articulate the scientific questions customers are trying to answer
Highly appreciated qualifications / abilities
- Experience in or familiarity with statistical analysis
- Competence in human or animal physiology, clinical science
- Familiarity with writing for scientific publications
- Familiar with computational analysis of microbial populations
- Background in microbiology / microbial ecology
- Experience with digital marketing (website, social media)
The successful candidate will report to the Sales and Marketing Director
Starting date: As soon as possible
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to the sales and marketing director, Anne DEFLISQUE: firstname.lastname@example.org